Disclaimer & Privacy Statement
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by SafetyNet and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of SafetyNet. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, SafetyNet takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
We take the privacy rights of our Users very seriously and strive to be compliant with applicable privacy and data protection regulations at all times.
The following terms, when used in the present policy, shall have the following meaning:
‘SafetyNet’ or ‘Us’:SafetyNet Insurance Service Pte. Ltd. with registered offices at 7500A Beach Road #12-323 The Plaza 199591 Singapore, and company number 201525415E;
‘Personal Data’: any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
‘User(s)’ or ‘You(r)’: (a) user(s) of the Website, jointly or individually depending on the context;
‘Website’: the website reachable via the following primary URL: www.safetynet-health.com and other URL under the same domain name safetynet-health.com
Personal data collected by Safetynet
The following Personal Data may be collected by SafetyNet:
- Data You provide us with via the Website, such as your name, (email) address, phone number, username and/or password;
- If You contact Us via other means, we may also register such contact information;
- Details with regard to Your visit of the Website, such as traffic and profile data.
Confidentiality and protection of your personal data
SafetyNet shall only process your Personal Data in compliance with the terms of this policy and applicable regulations. It shall make sure that the confidential nature of your Personal Data is duly preserved and shall put in place reasonable measures to secure and protect Your Personal Data. Where You would be asked to register as a User, SafetyNet also invites you to help securing Your Personal data by avoiding the use of obvious passwords and/or user names, by changing Your passwords regularly and by not sharing your Personal Data with third parties or storing them in an insecure manner. SafetyNet shall avoid collecting Personal data that is not relevant for its relationship with You and shall not retain the data longer than necessary for such purposes or, as the case may be, for the period as determined by agreement or law.
Use and storage of your personal data
All Personal Data You provide to SafetyNet is stored on secure servers. In addition, SafetyNet and its service providers will always take the utmost care to protect Your Personal Data. However, the transmission of information via the internet can never be completely secure and the provision of Personal Data is hence done at your own risk at all times. SafetyNet may use Your Personal Data for the following purposes (‘the Purposes’):
- customer registration and management;
- compliance with SafetyNet’s obligations ensuing from the making available of the Website and its contents;
- registering You as a User via the Website and running the Website services (including the processing of queries or requests for information concerning SafetyNet, its products or services) as well as to allow You to efficiently use those services and the Website;
- ensuring that the Website’s content is presented to you in the most effective manner;
- allowing You to use the interactive applications and services of the Website;
- processing orders and communication initiated via the Website;
- researching and analysing the market as well as SafetyNet’s customers, products and services (e.g. by asking your opinion on SafetyNet’s products and services or by asking you to complete a survey or questionnaire);
- All of the above equally applies to the use of your Personal data by an affiliated company of SafetyNet for the Purposes.
Persons to which SafetyNet may disclose your personal data
SafetyNet will not disclose your Personal Data to third parties without your permission, except:
- to affiliated companies; when such disclosure is necessary to permit SafetyNet’s employees, agents, subcontractors, suppliers or commercial partners to provide a service or accomplish a task in the name of SafetyNet;
- to SafetyNet’s professional advisors;
- to the acquirer or potential acquirer of SafetyNet’s rights and obligations with regard to the Website;
- if such disclosure is necessary to protect legitimate interests of SafetyNet, its customers or affiliated companies or if it is required or permitted by law.
SafetyNet shall take all reasonable measures to ensure that its employees and associates who have access to Personal Data will process the same exclusively in accordance with this policy and their obligations under applicable privacy laws.
Your right with regards to the personal data
You have the right to request access to Your Personal Data processed by SafetyNet and, should such data be incorrect or incomplete, You have the right to have the same corrected or completed. If there would be a justified reason to do so, You also have the right to object to the processing by SafetyNet of Your Personal Data. In such case, You should motivate Your objection by indicating, for example, how such processing may harm You.
Should you wish to exercise any of Your rights in this regard, please notify SafetyNet thereof via the address indicated above or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org will process and act upon your request as soon as reasonably possible. Users having registered via the Website may also modify Personal Data via their account information at all times.
Cookies and web beacons
SafetyNet is constantly striving to improve the experience of its Users on its Website and beyond. That is why, for certain sections of the Website, cookies are used.
Cookies are small text files that Your browser installs on your computer and that enable the Website to recognize You upon your next visit. With the help of cookies, SafetyNet can for example identify the most popular sections of the Website, since they allow SafetyNet to know which pages Users visit and how much time they spend browsing them. On the basis of these aggregated data, SafetyNet can adjust the Website to better reflect Your requirements and to offer a more customer-oriented experience. Thanks to cookies, SafetyNet can also, for example, make sure that the information that appears on Your screen during the next visit to the Website is tuned in to Your preferences as a User.
The Website, as well as certain notifications such as promotional e-mail messages, may contain web beacons. These are tiny images or objects embedded in a web page or email and are usually invisible to the User, but allow SafetyNet to verify whether a User has viewed the page or email in question. Web beacons generally function in combination with cookies and SafetyNet uses the two in the same manner.