Today’s modern lifestyle has impacted our ability to maintain a healthy weight.
The number of people who are overweight or obese has been increasing, why?
Overweight and obesity are caused by the increase in size and the number of fat cells in the body when people eat more calories than they use, their bodies store the extra calories as fat.
Along with affecting our daily health, wellbeing, energy, and fitness levels, being overweight or obese can over time greatly increase our risk factors for health problems and diseases such as:
- High blood pressure
- High blood cholesterol levels
- Gallbladder disease
- Sleeping problems
- Sexual health problems
- Cardiovascular disease (mainly heart disease and stroke)
- Type 2 diabetes
- Musculoskeletal disorders like osteoarthritis
- Some cancers (endometrial, breast, and colon)
- High Cholesterol
These conditions cause premature death and substantial disability.
Take Steps Now to a Healthier Weight
Treatment depends on the cause and severity of your condition and whether you have complications. Treatments include lifestyle changes, such as heart-healthy eating and increased physical activity.
Every little change makes a great difference!
* All content published is for general information purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice.